Several months ago, we went from a full mattress to a queen mattress.Which meant… we needed some queen-sized comforters and duvet covers. Happily, we already had a couple of comforters. We had one queen-sized duvet cover I don’t reserve for guest use, but that duvet cover is a heavy flannel and is really not right for our hot Denver summer. So… off to the fabric store!
I used the same duvet pattern that I used to make my first duvet cover. I also bought two new rulers to help me with the large fabric cutting requirements–a 4-foot ruler and a 26×18″ carpenter’s square! These are fantastic for making longer fabric cuts, absolutely fantastic. The carpenter’s square will get a lot of use.
About three-fourths of the way through putting the duvet cover together, my sewing machine stopped working, and I had to finish the cover on my circa-1930 Domestic. I love that machine. It keeps chugging no matter what.
This cover turned out better than the first–it seems to be more square. I used snaps as the closure mechanism, and I’m quite happy with how that is working out. I’ve decided snaps are the “correct” closure for duvet covers. 🙂
The next duvet cover will feature Robots (by request of the husband) yet still look sophisticated and adult.