I had to order some fabric last week, and while I was at it, I tried again to order some good border fabric for the Swedish Mystery Quilt. I ordered some from a Civil War line. I absolutely love how it turned out. The border fabric sets the inner log cabin design off perfectly.
But. While the husband and I were holding it up, I noticed some seams that were not quite as attached as they should be! In one block, there are three places where I’m going to need to restitch the fabric together. ugh. At least I found it before quilting. But still. I want the top to be 100% done and ready to quilt. *pout* Oh well. I still have to order fabric for the back (will try to go with same fabric line I used for borders).
I can’t wait to quilt it. I recently took the plunge and added a modern sewing machine to my arsenal. I’ve been getting acquainted with it these past couple days. I must say, it’s very finicky about threading, but so far so good. We’ll see how I feel about it after my first machine quilting attempt.