I don’t know what to call this quilt yet. I’ve finished cutting alllll the pieces for this one, including the red fabrics which I originally wasn’t going to include. I’ve sewed up about 10 blocks, and I’m glad I did the initial run.
I found there are some fabrics which I really like the pattern in the middle row to be perpendicular to the pattern in the outer rows, and some I hate. For example all the ones shown here, the fabric in the center is perpendicular in pattern to that on the outside, and I really like the effect. Not shown is a fabric that has a pattern of rows, and the effect is very annoying.
This quilt I am trying the “starch the bejeezus out of the fabric” technique. So far, so good. The ironing board cover is getting a little disgusting, though. I rarely sew on weekdays, so I probably won’t finish with these blocks for another month or so.